Perfect Winter Soup

Hey peeps!

I hope you all had a great weekend and that the start of the week has been positive for you?! Mine was alright and a little busy but surrounded by some of my lovely family, couldn't ask for anything better.
Today I made some homemade soup which is perfect for the winter and is comforting. Obviously I had a little assistance but it was following my recipe. I feel like my soups improve every time I make them but I think it's good that they get better as it shows you're learning and gaining more experience.

Ingredients;

Approximately 1 cup full of diced carrots and swede. (Change the quantity to what you want it to be to suit your needs. It was only me that was eating the soup).
1 and a 1/2 tablespoons of mixed herbs.
1 teaspoon of ginger.
1 teaspoon of Asian salt and pepper mix (change according to your own taste).
1 stick of celery.
Approximately 500ml of boiling water with 1 chicken stock portion.
2 cloves of garlic (change to your preferred taste).
1/2 of chopped onion.

Recipe;

All of the vegetables were chopped and diced ready for me as I'm unable to do so myself. I first placed the garlic in the pan where the oil is already getting hot. - a tip: you'll know when the oil is ready as it starts dancing around in the pan!
After a few minutes, I carefully added the onions. Gently stir the garlic and the onions.
I then add the herbs and ginger. I love to be able to have all the different flavours quite strong so the soup isn't bland!
Next I slowly put the carrots and swede in. Occasionally stir it while you're waiting for the kettle to boil. Place the stock in the pan ready for the boiled water to be added. Make sure you don't burn yourself when pouring the water. Stir. Add the celery.
Leave to soften for a short time. Stirring occasionally to make sure that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Add the salt and pepper mix. Carefully give the soup a stir. Leave for about 5 minutes or more.
Depending on how much vegetables etc you have in the pan, you may need to add extra water. I like to make the veg very soft, prepping to blitz it all in the blender. You may prefer to have the soup chunky and that's great, you can just skip past the blitzing part. I just love it being smooth and creamy 😊

Please let the mixture cool down slightly before pouring it into the blender, but you might already know this. I unfortunately didn't have anything to garnish the soup with but I will leave this for you to decide on. Serve with your preferred choice of bread and butter.
I hope you enjoy following this recipe and feel free to change any of it but let me know your thoughts. What's your favourite soup and do you have any recipes that you love? Send me your pics! Anyway that's enough from me for today and I shall see you all soon xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children with Gadgets

Child Prodigy

How I Created This Eye Look!!