Another Brick In The Wall


One song many of you are familiar with and that's Another Brick In The Wall. It's a shame that only one song that most people have heard of Pink Floyd, as a fan, I appreciate their other songs just as much. Yes, I may be young and female but I love them just as much as someone who was around when they were around in the 60s and 70s.
As a young girl, I always remember seeing the video to Another Brick In The Wall but I never understood it. I was into pop music yet I was intrigued. I found it a bit scary for some unknown reason but who’d have guessed I would grow to love them later on in my life?!!
The thing I was saying about how A.B.I.T.W is the most known Floyd song, they’ve had 16 top ten UK albums during their time together as a band. So maybe people have forgotten how good they are??
I have a few favourite songs, obviously A.B.I.T.W, Comfortably Numb, Echoes, Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun, Time, and Waiting For The Worms. Ok that is a lot but there are so many that I love... what are your favourites?
One thing that I love Floyd for is that they don’t have the conventional love/sex story like in most songs. They portray depressing times with honesty, blunt and provoke your emotions. To me, The Wall album is telling you about how in life can make you feel disillusioned and just want to segregate yourself isolated. At times we all want to block out the bad things in life. It’s such an artistic record. You can really place yourself in the lyrics, especially with The Wall, living with the effects of WW2, such as fear, phobia, and disillusion.
Floyd wrote their own music, from their own experiences and views in the world. Some may find the lyrics slightly uncomfortable but they are unique. The guitaring is on another level, the way for example, Barrett when he made the guitar echo during his time with Floyd. Magical is one word to describe the music in my opinion.
I went to see a tribute show a few months back and loved every second. For the duration of 2hrs, I felt lost and mesmerised within the music. It’s calming yet somehow gets your heart ticking faster. The lighting of the show kind of hypnotised me which made me feel lost.
  Well that’s how I feel about Pink Floyd, don’t be a brick and let me know what you think of them. I’m sure there’s so much more to be said in favour of the legendry band!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Child Prodigy

Children with Gadgets

How I Created This Eye Look!!