Colours - Blue's New Album Review

Hello everyone!

It's been a week since my other favourite band - Blue released their new fifth studio album 'Colours'. As always, the guys have not disappointed with this. In fact, I've never been disappointed by them whether it being an album, interview or tour. They've continued to go from strength to strength with their vocals. 
To me, Blue have never really gone away as I've followed them both as a band and individually, despite Blue taking a break for a few years. As a fan, I have seen them live - first seeing them at the Smash Hits Polls Winners Party Tour in 2001, their One Love Live Tour in the following year and then on their Guilty Live Tour which was the year after. I saw Duncan performing live at Blackpool Illuminations Switch On which was approximately a year or two later. Antony took part in a stage musical show 'Popstar: The Musical and it came to my home town. Then I last saw Blue on their Roulette Live Tour just two years ago. This will be leading me up to seeing them on the upcoming 'Colours Live Tour' which will be in 17 days time and after being being a loyal fan for 14 years, I will finally be meeting the guys!! (I won't go into the trauma of being badly let down by tour organisers but it means that extra little bit more to me to be meeting them!) 
Anyway, the purpose of this blog post wasto give a little review of the album and I really love it! I had big expectations as Roulette is my favourite Blue album but I can say it does. It has a soulful, rich feel with a chill out vibe to it which makes it much more mature than their previous records. You cannot fault the guys vocals, not one bit. One word I can think of to describe the vocals is 'wow'. They really have stepped up and are vocally stronger than ever! Antony, Duncan, Lee and Simon; you really know your harmonies and abilities, I can tell just by listening. 

'King Of The World' is a little happy, good feel song! It always puts a smile on my face when I hear it. It sets the album off to a pleasant introduction to the listener.
'You're The Only One' is soft and has a lovely melody. To me, it has a little sound that reminds of early 90s boybands with the harmonies but an updated vibe which I really like. 

Usually I'm a little unsure about albums with a few covers but I can applaud Blue as each cover has been made to the Blue sound and this makes them that little bit special.
'Home' I just can't get enough! It's upbeat, that beat that plays - I love it. It's also very catchy and strong. There's lots of layers that are more noticeable like the Backing Vocals and the instrumental sound to it. 
'If You Don't Know Me By Now' is another favourite, despite it being a cover. I can feel the guys have put their heart and souls in this song, an incredible take on it.  
'Nothing Like You' I think people would notice this a lot if it was played on the record as its fast paced without it necessarily being dancey. It definitely has that Blue sound but with a much more older feel to it. 
'I Don't Wanna Talk About It' has that raw feeling and is emotive to hear. Lee brings that voice of an angel and it totally suits the song. 
'Hang On In There Baby' is upbeat and catchy. Certainly a party song to liven it up. 
'Flashback' reminds me a little of the first album in the feel of it, perhaps a little Motown but in the style of Blue. I think it's a uplifting ballad and I like it, a lot. Simon does a smooth but rich lead solo on this.
'Special' reminds me a little of the One Love album and the chorus sure sticks in your memory so I often find myself humming it hours later. Great for a house party, I say.
'Endless Love' I love the lyrics and it's so good to sing along to. All four guys deliver with their singing on this one. 
As you can see there is not one song that I can say anything negative about and that's not just because I'm a fan. Every song brings something different but the album definitely flows brilliantly. It has a mixture of sadness, emotive, upbeat and uplifting running through it. For anyone who may doubt the guys talent, I would recommend them to listen not only the whole album but perhaps 'If You Don't Know Me By Now' so you can really hear how amazing they are at singing. Don't forget to check out their other albums too. This album as a whole did make me think of their old albums but with fond memories and with a new take on it. It still has its own wonderful sound with ten brilliant songs! My only thing I'd say is I wish it had more songs on it as I can listen to it for hours. I can't wait to hear and see the guys perform these songs on the tour along with their other big hits. I'm proud and I think Blue should definitely be proud of themselves. It deserves all the recognition and positive reviews that's being said about it. Go and buy it! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children with Gadgets

Child Prodigy

Dating and Disability