Oscars, The Abbey House Hotel

Hey peeps!
So it's the 14th December already?! Christmas is looming by pretty quick and everything is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Today; me, my parents, sister and my niece met at The Abbey House Hotel, in the Oscars Restaurant/Bar for lunch. 
For anyone who isn't local and is wondering where this place is then let me tell you a little about it. The Abbey House Hotel is located in a small town called Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria within the Lakea District Peninsula. It's a luxurious hotel with 14 acres of  landscaped grounds. It was originally built for the local shipyard, during the 1910s. 
There was a good selection on the menu which was good for me. I'm sure if you have special dietery needs then they would easily be adaptable for you. I decided to go for the Beef Brisket in a Pitta Pocket that is served with vegetable crisps and salad. It does usually come with homemade pickle but as I was unsure of whether I'd like it or not, I asked for it to be on the side. The pocket was stuffed with the beef and it was definitely not dry. 
 
My sister chose the chicken and mustard mayonnaise Pitta Pocket which too looked really delicious! My mum got the Pulled Pork Pitta Pocket which is a bit of a tongue twister, ha! My mum enjoyed this and my dad thoroughly enjoyed his Christmas dinner which was Turkey. I couldn't see but I could tell that there was a big portion. 
For dessert; I had the Chocolate Fondant which I thought was delicious! As per usual, I couldn't manage to eat everything. It was served with homemade vanilla bean ice cream as you can see in the photo below. I loved seeing it when I gently pushed my spoon into the cake to see all the gooey run out like it did! 
 
My sister got the Butterscotch Brûlée which looked nice, she too enjoyed eating this. 
Lastly; my dad had Christmas pudding as part of his two course Christmas meal. He loved his! I think he was definitely ready for this even though he was full from his lunch. My mum never got a dessert. 
We were all very happy with the food and the service. Oscars has a lovely, atmosphere and the decor is very sophisticated. 
The photo is a little dark but hopefully you can see the Christmas decor in the bay window. On the fireplace lays a huge Christmas wreath; possibly the biggest one you'll ever see, especially around the local area! Throughout the hotel; there are beautiful decorations placed so be sure to check out my vlogmas from today. In the evening when it's dark, my dad is a taxi driver and if he is driving past, he stops so his littlest passengers can see all the Christmas lights e.g. The reminders and the big bear etc.  
I can't wait to come back again soon for another meal so hopefully it won't be too long in the near future! 
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post and that's enough from me, so I shall see you all soon!! xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children with Gadgets

Child Prodigy

How I Created This Eye Look!!